Sports Premium Funding Statement 2023-24
Total allocation £19,590 (Period September 2022 – August 2023)
In 2022/23 our Sports Premium funding supported the development of sports and PE for one academic year.
Our main targets were:
- Provide a wide range of after school and holiday sporting activities that are available to all to improve personal development and well-being.
- Continue to provide 1:1 intensive swimming sessions to all children in years 4 and 5 so that they continue to catch up with swimming progress
- Provide 1:1 intensive swimming sessions for children in year 6
- Re-introduce residentials that develop leadership skills
- To continue to review, evaluate and update current provision to develop teacher knowledge and skill confidence
- To continue to develop active outdoor playgrounds by improving the year 3 & 4 and 1 & 2 playgrounds and by providing sports equipment that links into skills taught in PE
- Continue to make links through PE hubs with other schools to encourage participation in competitive sports
- Replacement of PE equipment in school
Funding Allocation In 2022/23 Total spend available £36,235 (£16,645 carry forward from 2021/22)
To achieve our aims funding was allocated accordingly:
- Resources to improve the playground Gym equipment £13,703
- Intensive swimming lessons for all children in years 4 & 5 £4,982
- After school clubs to include Judo, Gym, Multi skills, Dance, Football and Netball £2,900
- Residential for year 4 & 5 to develop leadership skills £4,170
- Resources in school to support PE and sports £500
- PE hub membership £525
- Teacher cover release £500
Total Spend = £27,280
(Carry forward £8,955)
The Year 5&6 playground has been improved significantly with the addition of 12 pieces of exercise equipment which allows all children to be active at playtime.
Sport in all playgrounds and team games were maximised by our use of extra staffing and resources. Children were able to build on skills taught in PE lessons by practising and playing specific sports in the playground at lunchtime.
All children in year groups 1-6 have been given opportunity to attend free after school clubs. These have been provided by both outside professionals and teachers in school, thus developing teacher expertise and providing a wide range of sports.
Leadership skills were developed in our oldest pupils. These took place during residential trips. to help prepare them in their transition for year 7. Residential visits did not take place due to Covid and staffing however are booked for 2022/23.
120 children in years 4 and 5 received weekly intensive swimming lessons. These aimed to increase the number of children who will be able to swim 25 metres by the end of year 6 and will continue next year. We saw huge progress here with 45 children being able to swim 25m.
We continued to support staff development so that all our teachers feel confident teaching PE – this was validated by Ofsted October 2022.
TOTAL FUNDING SPENT: £27,280
Total funding unspent: £8,955
Sports Funding 2023-2024
Total Funding 2023/24 - £19,650 (estimated) + £8,955 carry forward from 2022/23 – Total funding available - £28,605)
This year our targets for Sports funding aim to build upon the work achieved last year and ensure sustainability of sports and PE. We will continue to provide a wide range of free for all after school sports clubs to continue to ensure children catch up on opportunities missed during the last three years.
Our main targets are:
Provide a wide range of after school clubs that are available for all - £4,000
Provide high quality intensive 1-1 swimming lessons for children in years 4,5 & 6 - £5,000
Support residential trips to build leadership skills in years 4,5 & 6 £10,000
Improve the year 3 & 4 playground £9,605
Total Spend - £28,605
By using funding in this way, we aim to achieve
- Increased participation in a wide range of sports for all children.
- Increase the numbers of children who can swim 25m by the end of year 6.
- Increase participation in sporting holidays and leadership skills so that no child will be restricted due to financial considerations.
- Improve the 3 & 4 playground
Date of next Review – July 2024