Welcome to Year 1
Teachers: Miss Fletcher & Miss Shannon
Teaching Assistants: Miss Floyd & Mrs Hadley
Year One is where children develop a strong love of reading. They begin to show incredible progress as both independent readers and writers. The children will build upon the strong foundations and experiences gained during their time in EYFS and they will begin to be able to express this in different ways.
- Please send your child in with a drink of water every day.
- P.E. is on Mondays in Class 1F and 1J. The children will need to arrive at school in their PE kit and they will stay in this all day. P.E. will only be held outside so please ensure they wear something warm if it is cold out (tracksuit bottoms and a jumper).
- Spelling homework is uploaded to the Google classroom weekly on a Monday and due in on the following Monday. The children are tested on their spellings every Monday.
- Phonics homework is uploaded to the Google classroom weekly on a Friday and is due in on a Wednesday. This will build on recent learning in class.
- Reading books will be sent home every Thursday and the book must be returned to school on the following Tuesday, ready to be discussed in class.
- Maths homework will be set on Friday, and returned to school on a Wednesday
Our curriculum is an exciting way of delivering a broad and balanced curriculum that inspires children to nurture a passion for lifelong learning. Our topics this year include:
Bright lights, Big City