Welcome to Year 2
Teachers: Mrs Adams, Miss Brean & Mrs Clinch
Teaching Assistants: Miss Cribb & Mrs Elstob
Year Two is where children begin to grow as independent learners and through our exciting curriculum, our children start to build on the skills and knowledge learned in Year One. They enjoy rising to new challenges and finding out more about how they like to learn.
- Please send your child into school every day with a water bottle.
- Spelling homework is set on Google Classroom on Friday and the children are tested the following Friday.
- Reading homework is set on Google Classroom every Friday. This consists of a text to enjoy and a comprehension activity. Some children will also receive phonic homework each week. Reading homework should be returned on Google Classroom by Wednesday.
- Maths homework is set on Google Classroom every Friday and should be submitted by Wednesday.
- P.E.: P.E. lessons will take place outside so we ask that pupils come into school on their P.E. day in a suitable PE kit (plain black, navy or grey tracksuit or leggings, white t-shirt, trainers and school sweatshirt). P.E. will be on Tuesday for both classes.
Our curriculum is an exciting way of delivering a broad and balanced curriculum that inspires children to nurture a passion for lifelong learning.
Our main topics this year are:
- Movers and Shakers
- Magnificent Monarchs