Welcome to Year 3
Teachers: Mr Davies & Mrs Sawyers
Teaching Assistant: Miss Mulholland
Year Three is where children continue to grow as independent learners as they enter Key Stage Two. Through our exciting curriculum, our children build on the skills and knowledge learned in Year Two and challenge themselves in order to make progress.
- Please send your child into school every day with a water bottle. Your child may also bring in a healthy snack which could include fruit, a yogurt or a cereal bar.
- Spelling homework is set on Google Classroom on Mondays and the children are tested every Friday.
- Reading homework will be uploaded to the Google classroom on Mondays and needs to be completed by Friday. Ideally, we would like your child to read the book several times as this will help with their fluency.
- Maths homework will be uploaded to the Google classroom on Wednesdays and needs to be completed by Friday.
- P.E. Year 3's P.E. day is Wednesday. P.E. lessons will take place outside, so we ask that pupils come into school on their P.E. day in a suitable PE kit (tracksuit or leggings, white t-shirt, trainers and school sweatshirt).
Our curriculum is an exciting way of delivering a broad and balanced curriculum that inspires children to nurture a passion for lifelong learning. Our topics this year are:
- Through the Ages
- Rocks, Relics and Rumbles
- Emperors and Empires
This is the way that Year 3 pupils enter the school: