Welcome to Reception
Teachers: Mrs Martin (EYFS Leader) & Mrs Saif
Teaching Assistants: Miss Ofosu & Miss Ryan
In Reception, all children have the opportunity to learn through playing in a range of different environments. There will be many new opportunities for your child to develop their knowledge and understanding.
- Children can bring 1 labelled afternoon snack
- Please send your child into school every day with a labelled water bottle.
- P.E. for both classes is on Monday. The children will need to come to school in their P.E. kit and they will stay in this all day. P.E. lessons are held outside most of the time, but not always, so please ensure that they wear something warm if it is cold (e.g. tracksuit bottoms and their school jumper).
- Reading homework will be uploaded to the Google Classroom every week on a Friday and is due in the following Wednesday. This activity is a wonderful way to build upon the learning that we are doing in school and an opportunity for you to share a book with your child. We will begin setting this homework on 16th September 2022.
- RWI phonics sounds learnt in class, will also be sent home on a Friday. This again will allow your child to build upon the learning that we are doing in school.
- After half term a RWI reading book will also be sent home on Fridays to be returned the following Wednesday
- All children will require wellies (named) to be left in school to allow them to access the continuous provision in all weathers.
Our Curriculum is broad and balanced and has been designed to inspire children and to nurture a passion for lifelong learning.
Some of our exciting topics in Reception include:
Once Upon a Time
Ready, Steady Grow
Big Wide World